Hi Everyone -
This is a list of Quilting Quotes I have been collecting from various places. I like to always include a few in the classes I teach. Some day I would like to add all these on quilt blocks and make a sampler quilt.
One of my personal favorites is #25.
Please feel free to add your quotes to this list.
1. A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.
2. A day patched with quilting seldom unravels.
3. A quilt is a treasure which follows its owner everywhere.
4. Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.
5. Ask not what your fabric can do for you, but what you can do for your fabric.
6. Before Prozac, there was quilting.
7. Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love.
8. Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
9. Blessed are the piecemakers.
10. Cooking is for those who don't know how to quilt.
11. Dull women have immaculate sewing rooms.
12. Dying to Quilt!
13. Every quilter has a masterpiece within.
14. Finished is way better than perfect!
15. Friends are like fabric - you can never have enough!
16. Friends are threads of gold in the quilt of life.
17. Good friends are like Quilts. They age with you, yet never lose their warmth.
18. I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
19. I am a quilter and my house is in pieces.
20. I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!
21. If there are no Quilting Bees in Heaven, I ain't going!
22. I love quilting and have plenty of material witnesses.
23. I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too.
24. I'm not messy. I'm creative!
25. In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you're in my block of friends.
26. I only think about quilts on days that end in "Y."
27. I only quilt on days ending in "Y."
28. I've spent most of my life making quilts. The rest I've just wasted.
29. May all of your ups and downs in life be with a needle and thread.
30. May your sorrows be patched and your joys quilted.
31. Measure TWICE, cut ONCE.
32. My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!
33. Old quilters never die, they just fray away.
34. Old quilters never die, they just go batts.
35. Old quilters never die, they just go to pieces.
36. Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.
37. Piles follow me everywhere.
38. Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!
39. Put your foot down and quilt!
40. Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialistic.
41. Quilters come with strings attached.
42. Quilters cut corners.
43. Quilters affect eternity; they can never tell where their influence stops.
44. Quilters know all the angles.
45. Quilters lead pieceful lives.
46. Quilters make great comforters.
47. Quilters never cut corners.
48. Quilters touch the past and the future.
49. Quilting is a gift you give yourself.
50. Quilting is cheap therapy.
51. Quilting is happiness, lack of it is sadness.
52. Quilting is like love. Enter it with abandon or not at all.
53. Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second.
54. Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.
55. Quilts are like friends - a great source of comfort and warmth.
56. Quilt 'til you wilt!
57. Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone. . . Not your housework!!
58. So many quilts, so little time.
59. The one with the most fabric at the end, WINS!
60. There's nothing more exciting than starting a new project.
61. There is no wrong time for quilting.
62. Those who sleep under a quilt, sleep under a blanket of love.
63. To quilt or not to quilt, DUH!
64. Well behaved women rarely quilt!
65. What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.
66. When I learned to quilt, I forgot how to cook!
67. When life gives you scraps - make a quilt.
68. When life goes to pieces - Try Quilting!
69. Will work for FABRIC!
70. You can always tell a quilter from the threads she wears!
This post has been edited.
2/13/2012 8:24:10 AM